Sunday, June 14, 2009

Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies



Yes, yes - another cookie.  But as a mother of three - they're always a hit.  I'm a big fan of anything that can be eaten sans silverware (less dishes).  These cookies are super, SUPER rich, but if you like peanut butter and chocolate you should give these a try.  I should warn you that the dough on these cookies is very sticky - so wear an apron while putting these together.  

Shopping List
Brownie Mix
Eggs
Cream Cheese
Butter
Creamy Peanut Butter
Powdered Sugar
Chocolate Frosting 

Preheat Oven to 350 degrees F

I  large mixing bowl combine brownie mix, 1 egg,  4 oz softened cream cheese, and 1/4 C melted butter.  Stir until all ingredients have combined.  (Manually this may take some time - I prefer to use my Kitchen Aid)

Place dough in refrigerator, it will  be very sticky.

In separate bowl combine 1 C. peanut butter and 1 C. powdered sugar.  Stir together (I use a fork) until sugar is no longer visible, and mixture forms a large peanut butter ball.

Remove first mix from refrigerator, and roll dough into 1 tablespoon sized balls.  Place on greased cookie sheet two inches apart.

From the peanut butter mixture, roll out 1 tsp. sized balls, and push into the center of the chocolate cookie balls.  

Bake at 350 for 10-14 minutes, until edges are set.

Cool cookies completely - on cookie sheet, before frosting.  I prefer a small amount of frosting, because like I said, these cookies are already VERY rich.   I use the frosting to add a little bit of flavor, but mostly to make the cookies a little bit prettier.  

Happy Baking!  

1 comment:

  1. They look delicious!! I will have to try them - cookies are always a hit around here too!

    ReplyDelete